Followers

Friday 9 March 2012

Requested blog topic- 'My day'

My day: New pets, Final goodbyes and being special




Last week my social worker said im special and certainly made me feel 'speshul' when she arrived with my

support worker for a visit...both of them at once is most degrading! Certainly not the sort of special I'm

comfortable with but at least they are both rather amusing, I had been told a week before that because i was

special i had to think of something fun to do on her last day visiting me and i could think of nothing so when

they arrived and were going over some very boring stuff i think they expected me to care about i realized it

was the perfect chance to get a lift across town to Pets At Home for some rats, which i asked my social worker

and she said that was fine and my support worker then said she wanted to come too, but was rather bluntly told

'i think we're going to go and get something to eat first actually' and that was the end of that conversation! So

off we went to Pets at Home, after stopping at McDonalds for lunch... a happy meal for me which for once

was lovely and even the 'toy' was great since it was actually a little sandwich box which could also be divided

into 2 sections using what also could be used as both a spoon on one end or a knife using the other end. The

only let down was a stupid cardboard circle that was semi-cut into triangle segments and supposedly

supposed to be pulled apart for some reason + had a picture of fruit on one side, Tom and Jerry on the other,

and even after looking at the instructions it appeared to have no purpose whatsoever unless it was the worlds

most ridiculous puzzle.

It baffled me all the way to Pets At Home but once i got there i had a great time watching all the rats for ages,

including a slightly deformed one that my social worker believed to be brain damaged. but i actually wish i got

him as well as the 2 boys i got, both 5 months old and named King Arthur and Cosmic Creepers the third.

To end the day my social worker ran back up the aisles while i was at the checkout paying for my new rats and

returned with some bits and bobs that i wonder who/what they were for although i didnt bother asking, but as

soon as we were back in the car with the rats she dumped the stuff on top of the box the rats were in and said

'housewarming present for the rats' before taking me home and saying goodbye for the last time. It was a sad

moment but it reminded me that only a few months ago i was in a similar situation but with my old support

worker who gave a pair of earrings and said i was special + that she was really glad she got to work with me,

so I must be special for both of them to say I am. They may actually mean special as the rather unfortunate

'speshul' as opposed to the desirable meaning of special, but clearly I'm very special one way or another!

4 comments:

  1. All my friends are freaks because.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are Special ~ and we love you just the way you are :)

    ReplyDelete